Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Believe the Hype



I've quieted the whole mp3 game lately, but I had to drop this one. Regulars should already know that I think Adele is the only white girl that matters. We put yall onto her album, 19, back during Black History Month, and we even dropped the deluxe edition in June for good measure. Unfortunately, the download counter let me know that many of yall slept on this chick, prolly cuz she doesn't suffer from a drug-induced delirium like her contralto "Just say no to rehab" counterpart, Amy Winehouse. I caught her show in Philly back in June and the chick put on one of the best performances I've been to. Either way, 19 is a bonafide classic, and the girl can sing her plump behind off.

Mick Boogie's releasing an entire mixtape of remixes off her last album tomorrow. This single leaked today. She's also nominated for a few Grammies and is up against artists like Jazmine Sullivan, Coldplay, Leona Lewis, M.I.A., and the over-rated Duffy. I personally think she should win every category for which she was nominated. I also think they shoulda nominated 19 over Ne-Yo's Year of the Gentleman for Album of the Year.

No comments: