Saturday, August 30, 2008

In God We Trust

I respect Bill Maher cuz the dude's got balls to say what he feels to anybody. He's a fearless critic, and I agree with him on most things, but I definitely disagree with him on religion. A devout atheist, Maher made a documentary about the "phenomena" of belief in religion. It's sure to be an interesting, and perhaps painful, film to watch. Here's the trailer:



When I caught Maher's trailer, I was reminded of a movie I heard about several months ago in church. It's produced by Ben Stein, the guy from the Clear Eyes commercials and former Nixon speechwriter, about intelligent design. On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Stein's film rejects the theory of evolution as one of the greatest scientific fallacies ever and advocates the idea of creationism.



It's heavy. I know.

No comments: