Monday, June 30, 2008

Now that I'm successful, you pull this...?



New ish from Kid Cudi with a verse from Wale. It's sposed to be on Cudi's upcoming mixtape.

I'm quietly considering retiring my Wale posts. Some of yall know, but I've scaled back a lot on Wale posts recently. There are plenty of other spots to catch his new joints now. Not to mention, he's now officially signed, and has been featured in numerous print and online publications. For those of you that have been riding with You Hype! Sike Nah... back when I first put yall onto homey, yall know the deal. Back when homeboy was riding with Kenny Burns, a google search for "Wale" would ask "Do you mean 'whale'?" and don't even try to holler at google images. That's all changed now, and I'm happy to claim snob points by saying that I was on the bandwagon way before it was a bandwagon... It was more like a one of them chinese acrobat bicycles where they fit a whole family of immigrants onto one bike--don't ask me, I saw it at the UniverSoul Circus...

But anyways, I digress.

There are plenty other artists who deserve to be hyped, so now that Mr. Folarin is finally getting the respect he deserves by the underground overground, I think I'ma spend more time pubbing folks like Jazmine Sullivan and The Paxtons. That doesn't mean you won't hear about Wale anymore over here. Trust, I'll still drop the ish that needs to be dropped, but don't expect to hear about every time he coughs sneezes or gets caught schmoozing with Hollywood glitterati.

Besides, I got enough people blocking my links nowadays anyway.

and PS, for those who've asked about the kicks: sz. 8.5-10.5, you'll definitely have choice pickings if you're in the 9-10 range.

1 comment:

Youngest MILF said...

I am fb friends with Scott Mescudi (aka Kid Cudi...) cuz I went to middle school with dude. His mom was the music teacher. You've officially made me take him seriously. I even sent him a message that said so.