Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Love Below

While becoming re-acquainted with the treasures of my newly-restored hard drive, I came across this joint and after a drunken night at 1223's Wipe Me Wednesdays... I was compelled to share. Sure, Whats Going On is Marvin Gaye's Reasonable Doubt, but if so, I Want You is his Blueprint. An immaculate reinvention of his troubled persona, finding Marvin seemingly desperate to make us identify with his lustful nature despite already resting upon iconic status.

For the samples from Mr. Carter, Sr.'s American Dreamin & G-Unit's I Wanna Get To Know You, see Soon I'll Be Loving You Again & Come Live With Me Angel. Without this classic record, there is no D'Angelo, Maxwell, and most recently, Robin Thicke. If you didn't know, now you do. Enjoy.


Marvin Gaye - I Want You

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful! This has a trojan virus attached to it. Make sure you scan and remove it before opening the files.

Call Me... "Mr. Garr" said...

thanks for the heads up. link down till further notice.