Saturday, June 07, 2008

Links or patties?


I love June. For one, it's my birthday month, and the man upstairs must know how to celebrate it. I went to the Roots Picnic's pre-show last night and saw Santogold and Janelle Monae. More on that in another post. Next week I'm going to see Adele and maybe Jamie Lidell. More on that after I go to the show. But for now, I'm gonna introduce you to Julian Velard. He's been in the game for a while. He's American, but found success across the pond in Europe so he's been living and performing over there for a while now.

I got a chance to see him sometime last year at the Tin Angel. I had no idea who he was at the time, and only went cuz I was bored and wanted something to do. I was pleasantly surprised and, of course, began bootlegging as much material as I could once I got home. I've been meaning to post this for a minute. It's sposed to be his first single, so I'm offering it to yall. Disfruta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get to check out Muhsinah? Been on her for a minute, her music is the new new age soul, and she produces her own beats!