Friday, April 03, 2009

Where are you Yeezy?


I'm sure many of you know that the Air Yeezy's are releasing tomorrow. I've already given my two cents about the shoe, and it hasn't changed--they're underwhelming at best and jugo de basura at worst. Still, props must be given for a design that is somewhat innovative and for the mere accomplishment of being a recording artist with your own pair of Nike's. Stopped by Ubiq today after work and saw the beasts already camped out on Sydenham. I thought about camping out just to flip a pair to help pay my taxes this year, but I still can't stomach the thought of sleeping outside in the rain and wind for a pair of sneakers... much less a pair I don't even like.

Anyways, for the Philly heads, Ubiq has a VERY limited amount of The Paxtons' promo samplers available at their Walnut Street location for FREE. In case you've been under a rock, the Paxtons have released a couple street singles recently and are currently working on some things behind the scenes to help promote their next release, Work, this summer. Neither of the two most recent drops, "Ain't I" and "4321", are on the album, so if you wanna hear what all the fuss is about for yourself, I suggest you make your way downtown and pick up a copy before they're gone.

And huge shoutout to Ron, Vic, and the whole Ubiq staff for the support.

No comments: