Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blogger Emo



Surprise. No fanfare for this one. For those who are into the details, Volume 5 was listed as "1 of 2" in your itunes. Consider this the second half. Still, it stands on its own, and goes a completely different direction than the fifth. RNLC6 features some of my all-time favorite songs ("Marry Ann," "Sometimes," "The Build Up," "Californication") and some of my favorite artists (Donny Hathaway, Stevie Wonder, Feist, etc.). The bulk of it was made in one fell swoop a couple weeks ago, but I'm not gonna bore you with too much of the preliminaries. Just remember, there is always a method to the madness. As always, I packed a few off-center treats for those who enjoy some quirk in their lives. Don't sleep on the live joints either.

You know the drill. Download and press play. No skipping. You'll enjoy it or I'll refund your money. Promise.

Tracklisting:
1. "Game for Fools" - Jamie Lidell
2. "Secret" - Maroon 5
3. "Californication" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. "Till It Happens To You" - Corinne Bailey Rae
5. "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know" (Live) - Donny Hathaway
6. "Easy To Please" - Coldplay
7. "Immigrant" - Sade
8. "A Dream" - Julian Velard
9. "Long Distance Love" - Little Feat
10. "Marry Ann" - Regina Spektor
11. "Dust and Water" - Antony & the Johnsons
12. "The Build Up" - Kings of Convenience ft. Feist
13. "You've Got It Bad Girl" - Stevie Wonder
14. "Sunshine Juice" - Hyperpotamus
15. "Lonely, Lonely" - Feist
16. "Sometimes" (Live) - Bilal

The envelope has been pushed. I've dropped 3 of these in 3 month's time, but what can I say, this winter's been tough. Since things are warming up, I doubt that I'll be dropping RNLC7 anytime soon. Until then, disfruta. And if you're adventurous, play 5 & 6 together in sequence.

No comments: