Friday, May 30, 2008

This ish right here...


Umm, so I'm doing internet research to see if I can find Weezy's latest wherever the dam leaks, and I happen on an (apparently) fake version of Tha Carter 3. It has 12 songs, many tracks we all know are gonna be on the album. Then there's this song called "Hello New Orleans" ft. Jay-Z. You know I jump straight to that. I got 5:50 of this:

Lil Wayne ft. Jay-Z - Hello New Orleans

After about 90 seconds, I gave up all hope of hearing anyone, much less Jay or Weezy, say anything. I then began to wonder if the beat began to change or was I just realizing that the beat was indeed Electronic Polka-HipHop. If so, this might be the greatest genre-fusion since... 2 days before never.

Umm, chris&dave?

P.S. And you don't even wanna know what the track "Grand Opening, Grand Closing" sounded like.

No comments: