Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Emancipation of Mi-Ri

Forgive the title, but I tried my best... I really did.

Much to the dismay of our children, my baby mama Amerie Rodgers has been released by her long-time home, Columbia Records. With the US shelving of her latest album, Because I Love It, for almost two years, this probably comes at a good time. According to the streets, she's close to a new deal with an undisclosed major. Hopefully '08 will see a stateside release.

In honor of her independence, enjoy her aptly-titled '07 single "Gotta Work".



And for being so good about sitting thru this post while I further obsess, you get a treat. Enjoy the UK release of Because I Love It. Click the cover to download.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This album was shelved for a reason. Even if they release it, it'll still be shelved...store shelved. Somewhere between All I have and Because i Love it she lost her mind...somebody told her she had a great voice, and basically ended up singing this album a 1/2 step flat. There are some shining moments, but hardly blog worthy...

But the album cover is great!