Monday, February 25, 2008

The Cool

Thanks to Comcast OnDemand, I've been sitting on these thoughts since last Monday but I figured I'd take the high road for the regular Sunday Night Wire-Watchers.



I didn't see it coming, but it couldn't have happened any other way. If the haunting murders in Scorcese's "Departed", set to mere diegetic sound are brilliant, was Omar's death any different? I would be admittedly less heart broken had Mr. Little survived to the finale, but that would be too-Hollywood, a penchant The Wire has gracefully avoided.

Omar became the Shakespearean tragic hero (Grease, correct me if my reference is wrong) and Ed Burns & Co. are genius for writing it that way. According to the seven interents however, the streets feel every which way about the way Omar checked out and I'm curious to know what our faithful think.

RIP Omar, and thank you for blessing us with this verse before falling victim to the streets...

No comments: