Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Daydreamin...

To avoid being repetitive... I would like to preface this list with the assertion that this is not my top 10, however as my nigga DDM (DC's own Dan Da Man best put it over Potbelly's tonight, the personal poster team. The ten young ladies who, for whatever reason, make you feel delightfully uncomfortable whenever they grace your screen (i.e. post-puberty Topanga to every niglet in junior high '96-'98), ya dig?

To the dismay of the homie Jeff... in no particular order... Like to hear it? Here it go!

Amerie Mi Marie Rodgers



Ever since spring of '02 (senior year y'all) when I first saw those long-ass legs walking through dupont circle in the video for "Why Dont We Fall In Love", I realized I had a thing for Blasians. When Nelly rapped about a girl "half black & ay-shon" I didn't know she had a degree from Georgetown and fresh post-My Life production from Rich Harrison. All I Have would become theme music for my college career and the rest is history.

The New Alicia Keys



Either she lost her virginity during the creation of As I Am
or she caught the holy spirit while visiting the pyramids in Egypt. I've never been a real fan of her music or her style, but the new album is a classic and Adult Alicia might be the sexiest woman alive

Cassie



What can I say about Cassie that hasn't been said? She's a talentless automaton created and nearly abandoned by Diddy. Did I mention she's bad as sh*t!? There's something disturbing about the fact that Diddy discovered her while Myspace perving but I cant blame him.

Rachel McAdams



My favorite white girl. Something about her turn in Mean Girls did it for me (though admittedly she was playing a high schooler) but it wasn't until Wedding Crashers that I knew I was sprung. I really cant call it but I was seriously pulling for Owen Wilson to get the girl in that jawn!

Faith Evans



I confess. I've loved Faith since she had dark makeup, bleach blonde hair, tats, nameplate chains, and chinchillas courtesy of the greatest rapper to die on March 9th, 1997. Hood Faith, Fat Faith, Dope Fiend Faith, Married w/ Children Faith, all of em.

Zoe Saldana



I'm not lying when I say the only thing I remember about Drumline was Zoe Saldana. She was killing the line jacket game... and when my man pulled her during the "Butterflyz"/slow motion step sequence, I was all but made up about pledging A Phi (sorry, keepin it real!)

Vanessa Hudgens



Eff the nude photos my dood (and to prove it I'm not linking to 'em), Vanessa Hudgens is sexy in that, white/spanish-girl-you-never-wanted-to-admit-you-was-feelin-and-really-aint-know-how-to-approach-her-if-you-wanted-to kinda way. I'll admit, the first time I saw that HSMusical jawn, I just sat thru it quietly cuz I aint know how old she was. I couldn't help but feel like the uncertainty about her juvie status, made me a terrible person but these things happen. HSM2 is all the craze and she's definitely of age now so I can let sleeping dogs lie.

New-New/Lauren London




Undoubtedly, LL has the seven internets going nuts in a way that Paul Wall never could have fathomed. We don't even have to go there. I would like to confess to a more complex addiction. I'm in love with New-New. The fictional film character from the surprisingly entertaining, ATL. Just like TIP, I was a little heartbroken by the revelation of Erin however, placing myself in the protagonist's shoes as we do so often, I was more than willing to forgive her indiscretion... so long as she kept the "Jam" baby hair, fishnet tops, doorknocker earrings, and nameplate chain "pumpin" as we expressed in the 90s. Every time I watch ATL, a lil piece of me is a Kenwood Bronco again, checking the fly honeys with butterfly clips in their hair, knee-high boots and aaliyah-inspired dark lipliner. phew.

Sofia Vergara



Youngin is definitely Eva Mendes on steroids... and Hitch is one of my favorite movies. Every time I see her doing whatever it is she does on 42" plasma, I get quiet. Sometimes its just that simple.

Paula Patton



Pause. Can I just say that when I saw the video for "Lost Without You", my heart actually stopped. Literally. Never in the existence of God and his seven brothers, have I hated on another nigga for his acquisitions, but I along with a host of others have willfully hated on Robin Thicke for having the baddest chick in the game wearing his chain. This woman is the prototype, no Andre.

Honorable Mention - Kate Beckinsale



What can I say, I like my white girls pure as the driven snow, except not. If you've seen Underworld or Underworld: Evolution or google images while you're supposed to be working and you don't feel me, you're gay... or down with the Nation.

In the midst of ogling I'd like to give a shout out to my boo... who is there in spite of my niggerish blogging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snubs:

dania ramirez still gets the snub...come on dude, you gave her props in the last joint...

and hayden panitierre (chick from heroes) is 18 now...and dating a nigga thats 32 and plays her uncle on tv...

Anonymous said...

talk about setting your self up for v-day...I missed that the first time.