Wednesday, February 25, 2009

R&Autotune


Jamie Foxx - "Blame It" ft. T-Pain

I've been anticipating this video for a long time. I think I played this song non-stop for about 2 weeks when it first came out. It was literally the only song I listened to. For 2 weeks. As a white person would say, it's, like, 8 different kinds of amazing, wrapped in pure dopeness. No lie, this is/was/has been/forever will be the joint.

The most interesting part of this song, though, is T-Pain's verse. Besides it being the best part of the whole song, am I the only person who picked up on Teddy P's not-so-subliminal diss to The Dream? For those who never picked up on it, I'll provide the text:

Shawty got drunk, thought it all was "a dream"
So I made her say, "Ah, Ah, Ah"
Now she got her hands on my legs
Got my seats all wet in my ride (all wet in my ride)
All over my ride (all over my ride)
She look me dead in the eye (eye, eye)
Then my pants got bigger
She already knew what the figure
Had her looking at her boyfriend
Like "Fuck that Nigga"


First time I heard this, I kinda did the whole "!?" face. As far as disses go, I think it's one of the best I've heard in a long time. (Full disclosure: I don't do a good job of keeping up with most internet-fueled rapper beefs anyway... still don't think I'm missing much.) Not only did T-Pain son The Dream lyrically, he basically jacked The Dream's Autotune flow on some "Gimme dat!" tip. "Ah... ah, ah"? The whole harmonized echo of "all wet in my ride" and "all over my ride" with the final line of "[eff] that nigga"? Cot durn. I stand by my statement that T-Pain shoulda made 2007's Hottest Rappers in the Game list as well as 2008's.

And oh, there's a motley crue of celebs in this jawn. It's humorous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea t pain would kill dream lyrically even though dream is nice with the melodies. i think he went after him cuz of the whole dream and rihanna thing since him and chris are cool like that. actually, t pain was probably the one who told chris brown in the first place...