Friday, February 06, 2009

Keep it real, nigga

Real Niggas Light Candles 4 has been done for about a month. All I need is cover art. It's sad as... well, let's say there was about to be a lotta sibilance in that short sentence. I'm starting to feel that there's a vibe between the winter additions and the spring ones, cuz as soon as I rounded out the 4th, the 5th began with a completely dialetic vibe. That is to say, don't be fooled. There's a reason there's candle smoke on those covers. Vol 4 is done and Vol 5 is about a-third to halfway done. I might shock and awe. No theatrics? It worked for Biggie. It worked for L-boogie.

Volume 1 was groundbeaking, Volume 2 was historic, Volume 3 was classic. Only time will tell us how much it really... matters. All I can say is, quietly, I led a lotta leaders. I see yall and I know yall hear my footsteps: if I'm not in front of you then you know that if I keep running, I will be. Vol 5 might be my personal 808's and Heartbreak. That is, if Vol 4 is my hybrid of Ryan Leslie and Ready to Die.

Real Niggas Light Candles:
Volume 4, sooner
Volume 5, soon.

To the casual reader, this rant is nonsense--understandably. But to the regular reader, especially that reluctant, reticent, regular reader (because, in addition to being ur favorite blogger's favorite blogger, I'm also ur favorite blogger's least favorite blogger--you know who you are), you know what this means: I'm DipSet right when Cam took over the rock (CHEA!)--you can't tell me nothin'. I might have to stop supplying yall material till yall shout me out (a nigga can't get a link credit as the source?--"lls," as the young kids say now).

Don't you know that everybody hears a star?

Nevertheless, I only believe in riots of convenience.

Anybody interested in submitting cover art for Volume 4, send it to youhypesikenah@gmail.com.

No comments: