Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Degrassi Fans, this one's for yall

This dude has recently shown up on 3 of the 7 internets. His mixtape cover is cool, if you want that whole Nom de Guerre lookbook feel. He raps and sings and, to be honest, I haven't even listened to it yet, so I'm just gonna hate on him jus cuz.

So, before the internet gets caught on any sort of hoopla over this nigga, I'd like to point out something. His real name is Aubrey and he's on Degrassi, which I think is like Gilmore Girls? Now I've never seen the show, but I hear they have a strong fanbase or something like that. Either way, I feel like it's the equivalent of an actor from Dawson's Creek tryna have a rap career. And as far as that, I'm not sure how this whole Raf Simons look is gonna work for the youngbol. Either way, he's aligning himself with internet/blipster rappers (I guess Fiddy and Rick Ross wouldn't welcome him into their cliques), which is a smart move. People of that ilk are a little less reticent about accepting soft-looking niggas like this guy. Good luck, he might be working with Wale in the near future, so be on the lookout.

And to conclude, before any of you pansies start bleeding, I haven't listened to the guy's mixtape yet. So for all I know, this kid could be the truth. I've listened to a couple of his tracks, and he does seem to be decent, but since he reminds me of the rapper version of Ryan Leslie and has a mixtape cover reminiscent of Gwen McRae-era album covers, I felt the need to hate. It's all in jest. Have yourselves a chilled coffee and click the album cover to download the mixtape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I watch it. So what? And to clarify its not anything like gilmore girls...it's more like Saved By the Bell on Drugs. I am in no way saying that it is quality TV, but if you ever need a good laugh at the crazy problems of Canadian Teens I would urge you to flip to The N for a Degrassi Marathon...but then again this aint my blog, so niggaz didnt really come to see what I had to say.

But your hating was correct. This niggaz a lame. But his first mixtape (Room for Improvement) was aight...his homeboy Nickalaus F showed him up a few times though.