Friday, September 21, 2007

Jay-Z = Next Kanye. Commence the hype.

The trailer (really, a trailer?) for Jay's new single, Blue Magic. If you haven't heard the song yet, don't worry. Payola will take care of that for you. (You could also scroll down and download it). The beat at the beginning of this video is BANANAS. I hope Jay spit to this one. I'm not sure how this whole "concept album" thing is gonna go. "Blue Magic" isn't exactly Jay at his best. Really, it's not even Jay at half-tank. Especially if this is sposed to be reminiscent of a Rakim joint. I mean really, if I were Rakim, I wouldn't wanna be associated with this. And if you heard the "I Get Money" Remix with Jigga, Fiddy, and Diddy, then you should be worried. Jay sounds hella rusty. But maybe I'm just being too harsh.

Maybe not.

No comments: