Sunday, September 09, 2007

Back again for the first time

This is it people. It's Sunday night. I'm on my way to bed. When I wake up tomorrow, I'll be a teacher again, in a new classroom with 30 new faces in front of me and 180 days to fill and fall in love all over again (no Jacko). I'm nervous. My stomach won't stop churning. The truth is that I'm much more prepared for this first day of school than I was last year. I know it, but I don't feel it. Not yet. Maybe it'll all come back to me once I see them, but I doubt that. It's more likely to come back when I see my former students than these unidentified beings on my class list. Nonetheless, the future is here. My mornings, afternoons and evenings will now be spent almost entirely in Southwest Philadelphia. All the stuff I said I wanted to do, I gotta do now. Time to show and prove.

Epictetus said "Only the educated are free." I'm ready to liberate. Let's not call it the first day of school. It's more like Juneteenth.

walk with me. (round 2)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok Michelle Pfeiffer...

this is anonymous...but ypu know who it is

Call Me... "Mr. Garr" said...

point. jeffrey.