Monday, March 03, 2008

In a sentimental mood [Repost]

EDIT: Links [and album covers] are fixed

In addition to Amy Winehouse's (vocal) heir apparent, Adele, ya boy's been grooving to some other old jawns that I figured are worth sharing. You'll prolly hear a few of em on the next volume of "Real Niggas Light Candles," which is why I almost abstained from posting these, but I'm bored, so what the hoe down. Click the album covers to download.

The title track from Ledisi's latest album, Lost and Found was featured on the last RNLC mixtape. It was honestly the only track from the album that I liked. The girl can sing, no doubt, but I felt like I was listening to 96.3-WHUR for most of the album. Not so with this one though. I won't say anymore and let you enjoy it for its surprises and overall goodness.

Reasons why this album cover is cool:
Her sweatshirt
The Souljah Boy-esque sunglasses
The reflection in her sunglasses of the photography umbrella
The straight MS Paint (not even Photoshop) use of the text box for the artist name and title
Besides that, it's just good music. And yeah, her name's Tiombe Lockhart.

I might as well drop this one too. This chick is being touted as the next Amy Winehouse--as is every young female talent from the UK--by some. I really don't think she deserves the title. Adele, for many reasons is much more worthy of the comparison. The album is okay, some people seem to think this album is good. I agree with others though, this guy in particular. It lacks the authenticity of Back to Black and 19, not to mention the girl's vocal capabilities are not comparable. She's trying too hard. "Mercy" sounds trite. "Delayed Devotion" sounds like microwaveable '60's soul... I could go on, but I won't .

All hating aside tho, she's cute. She's at least got that over Adele. Still though, the fact that she's always clutching herself in pics (see: Google images) makes me wonder if she's hiding some physical deformity a la DJ Paul.

No comments: