Sunday, January 06, 2008

It Goes Down Easy


Click the album cover


1. "Do You Feel Me" - Anthony Hamilton
2. "Love Is A Losing Game (Instrumental)" - Amy Winehouse
3. "The Rain" - K-Os
4. "Littlest Things" - Lily Allen
5. "My Song" - Labi Siffre
6. "Hello, It's Me" - John Legend
7. "So Sorry" - Feist
8. "Dear Santa Claus" - Bobby Womack
9. "Here's To Life" - Shirley Horn
10. "Lost and Found (Find Me) (Featuring Karen Briggs)" - Ledisi
11. "Hey Girl (Featuring John Legend)" - Estelle
12. "Only For You" - Eric Roberson
13. "Moon" - Emily King
14. "Static" - Kenna
15. "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" - Amy Winehouse
16. "The Visit (She Was Here)" - The Cyrkle
17. "The Colorado Trail - Dave Crusin

Real Niggas Light Candles Vol. 2. Click the album cover for the Mediafire link. If you can't already tell, niggas have upgraded since Vol. 1. Yes, that is the official album cover, courtesy of the 2nd half of the blog team, who, if you haven't also noticed, just dropped the newest edition of the much awaited Pure White Audio Mixtape below.

For those new to this, Real Niggas Light Candles is a mixtape produced by yours truly. No gimmicks, no scratches, no "Griddle Greazy!" or "Mr. Garr!" shoutouts. It is an eclectic mix of songs that span across genres but share a few unique qualities: they're smooth as maple syrup, soulful, and hella emotional for no cot durn reason. In other words, it's music you turn off the lights to and light some candles. Maybe you bun up with your boo. Why not? This is pretty much audio game. As always, sequence is important, so all you have to do is start at track one and press play. Ride it out to the end; I promise you'll enjoy it.

Last summer I said to open the windows and sit with the breeze. It's winter now, so I'll say curl up by the oven (cuz real niggas don't have fireplaces), dim the lights, light some candles and mellow out. Come back and lemme know what you think.

*Edit* Sharebee link as well. Aqui

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost didn't download the whole thing because I have a lot of these songs already, but I know there is a method to the madness so i decided to go ahead and get the whole joint. And I will say that I was fairly pleased. I wasn't feeling the John Legend joint and I think would have rather heard another Amy song besides "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow." And the Instrumental as a second track was a bit awk in my opinion, but thats just that: my opinion. I think you coulda used that track as like maybe a background, talked over it for a little intro, but not too much. But I really enjoyed the wide array of songs...it wasn't a "grind your girl through the sheets" mix-tape. Kudos Brother Garr.

I have some suggestions for the next installment...just some things maybe you have or haven't heard just to try to contribute (haven't done much since I put you on Citizen Cope...)

"Slow Like Honey" Fiona Apple
"Covered in Rain" (live)- John Mayer
"Naima" john Coltrane
"Ruby My Dear" (1957 Recording) Thelonius Monk feat. John Coltrane
"Cocoon"-Jack Johnson
"Oh It is Love"- Hellogoodbye
"The Pieces Dont Fit Anymore" James Morisson
"Secrets" Alice Smith
"In Your Eyes" Peter Gabriel
"Shower the People" James Taylor

Just some thoughts...I dont really expect to see any of these on the next one, but I still think you need these in you life. If you dont have them, hit me on aim.

Call Me... "Mr. Garr" said...

funny you say that. "Hello, It's Me" and "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" were the joints that almost got cut.

$upreme Bean$ said...

thats crazy i seen this cd on itsbx.
aint know they was urs.
great list, even my older sisters be sweating the cd.
that bobby womack joint go, cant find it anywhere including imeem.
do u have the vol 1 uploaded on a rar file?

keep up the good work, ur blog looks fresh...

DCtoBC.com said...

i'm fucking back. lol had to grab the rest of these joints. because you got me jamming to jason mraz out here, and it's legitimately great.