Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bow in the presence of greatness

For all the flack we took for being arrogant, Wash U really fell off after May '06. I got love for my alma mater, I might even buy a WU t-shirt while I'm here, but cot durn ppl. Cot durn...

Some blame it on ResLife policies, others on the dissolution of the Info Desk, maybe it's all that durn construction. I can't say cuz I'm not there. Either way, the state of black student life at Wash U is in shambles. What isn't suffering though, is the crime rate. For all my alumni readers, somebody recently got robbed outside of Mudd, between 7-7:30 one night. Yes, you read that right. Oh, and it was at gunpoint. Another nigga (or group of niggas) scaled the walls of HIG-E and got niggas for their computers, flat screens, and whatever random belongings Wash U students have by breaking in through windows and sliding glass doors. This occurred during the day in broad daylight.

If I'm lying, I'm flying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You we right about one thing. The WU has fallen off. But you got the date wrong. It was May 2007.

And from what I've heard the termination of the Hub of Black Gravity is the biggest reason. Niggaz aint kickin it no more. All they care about is grades. And success. Not like back in our day.

I say we campaign to get as many live WU grads to come back for the Carnival this year and try to breathe some life into that place...or we can do the typical nigga thing and get out of the jungle and shake our head at the folks still there.

And blame the hoes for inviting the hood on campus. In their quest for "New Faces" they exposed the campus as a literal Cave of Wonders for Niggaz north of Delmar.

Anonymous said...

It all depends on the person who said it to give any credibility to that source. As you and I both know the reason why the WU is whack now is because a lot of the niggaz that came after us are dick riders. Therefore is a nigga a dickrider? Can you be objective enough to tell? Or is it just feeding the CCity monsters hubris?

Cuz the same shit that was said about us being whack by 08, we said about yall at some point.

And the Bobby V crack...point Garr. I'm just tryna stay in my place as "I have no fans."