Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Music Snobbery is so '07


Estelle is poised to become the cause du jour for all blipsters in '08. She has a new album coming out next month, she's collaborating with Will.I.Am, Kanye, and is signed to John Legend's label. All the cool kids are gonna act like they've been listening to Estelle since "Free".

Eff the snobbery. I have been downloading Estelle ish since my pre-RA days at the WU, but being the anti-blipster blipster that I am, I'm gonna go ahead and bless yall with a few old joints from around the time her first album came out, back in '04-'05. Ruffle some feathers, ya dig?

(Sharebee was acting up, so I upped some of em to zshare)

Estelle - "Free"
Estelle - "Don't Talk"
Estelle - "Go Gone"
Estelle - "1980"
Estelle ft. Big P and Nathan - "Dance With Me"
Estelle ft. Talib Kweli and John Legend - "Freedom"

I'm above snobbery. Ironic, isn't it?

Now for some real unheard-of ish. The dude's name is Charles Hamilton. He has an affinity for things pink, which is pretty lame. He dresses like a high schooler who thinks he's cool, but isn't. For WU-heads, that means he looks like a certain person who shall remain nameless, before he went abroad to the UK, minus the jerseys. Either way, his music is still fun and creatively produced. Sonic the Hedgehog samples? Price is Right samples? KP & Envyi samples? YESSSSSSS!!!!

Charles Hamilton - Brooklyn Girls
Charles Hamilton - November 10th
Charles Hamilton - Wait Til I Get My Money Right

I'm your pushaaaaaaaaaa... We Got It, For Cheap.
"This is too much. You get it right? You get it? ...[Eff] it" (c) Wale

1 comment:

The Talented Mr. Hamilton said...

it might be because I never finished high school... kinda got stuck in my wardrobe... lmpinkao... holla back!

~~Charles Hamilton~~
***beep***

charleshamilton.blogspot.com
iamnotcharleshamilton.com