Thursday, November 01, 2007

It's Only Entertainment!

Click the album cover to download.

This is the retail version of American Gangster. The first version was just the webrip. What that means to the bootleg-illiterate is that this is what will actually be in stores and sold online. The webrip didn't have all the songs and faded out many of the songs early. You thought AG was already dope? Guess what buddy, there's more.

And my (very) premature judgment of AG: Jay's 3rd best complete effort after Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint. (For the record, I think both are tied for first place in any ranking of Jay-Z's catalog.)

Cool points to anyone who can tell me where Jay bit his first line from "Success."
I useta give a -uck, now I give a -uck less
What do I think of success? It sucks--too much stress.

2 comments:

Author said...

i love this album to death. maybe jay's 2nd best next to reasonable doubt. i dont care for blue magic or hello brooklyn, tho. and nas coulda came harder on success. but jay is back!

Anonymous said...

Eminem