Friday, October 12, 2007

The Greatest Show on TV.... EVER.



Wait, it's not TV. It's HBO. If you are not a fan of The Wire, then I will assume you just haven't seen the show yet. Get the DVD's, or better yet, watch it OnDemand. Season 1 is up right now and you can play catchup until January. It beats whatever other garbage they're putting on TV these days.

And if you have seen the show but still aren't a fan, let me know. I will not waste time trying to convince you of its genius, originality, and realism. I will just regard you as an idiot who has been masquerading as a person with a functioning brain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will say that I have seen "The Wire" and it is a good show. But I didn't get that into it. As a kid that grew up loving things that my friends hated and hating things my friends loved, I am prepared for the backlash. And if you no longer respect me as a person, no longer want to be my friend and wish that I no longer add my insight to this blog then so be it. I am ready, but I just ask you to hear my arguement.

Nothing can be loved by all. There is no stencil for success...especially in the arts. As a poet, I would expect you to understand that. If everybody in the world dug what you wrote I think you'd start looking for the Hitchcock cameo cuz youd surely be in the twilight zone. The show is masterfully done. It's prolly the smartest thing to be spawn from the primordial gangsta film ooze that is Boyz in the Hood. But just because its good dont mean everybody is gonna feel it...

So if you can say that the wire is a bad show then you dont know up from down. But just because its brilliance doesn't intrigue you, dont feel like you should be commited...because you already are. Commited to being yourself. (put that on one of your classroom posters Mr. Garr!)

This is anonymous...but you know who it is...

Anonymous said...

P.S. The only shows that are must sees for me right now are Heroes, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Pushing Daisies (dont front like love is corny).

But as Greaz said in another post, I have no fans and no one care what I think so...this is moot.

This is anonymous...but you know who it is...

Nick said...

It was a good show and I have seen several of the kids that were on it in other shows now. Good for them! I dont have HBO anymore, so its back to Nip/Tuck...lol