Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Swing Low



While most of yall were trick-or-treating Friday night (innuendo intended), I was on a Chinatown down to DC. I'm not sure if you know or not, but there's a big election and I wanted to make sure my vote counted, so I went back to VA to cast my ballot in what has become a crucial swing state. I knew I couldn't be home to vote on Tuesday, and since Saturday was the last day for early voting, your boy had to take a last minute viaje south of the Mason Dixon.

To begin, I got up at 5:30 Saturday morn to head up to the DMV cuz ma dukes told me the lines had been crazy all week. Since Saturday was the last day, I was sure the lines'd be even more ridiculous. I got there between 6:15 and 6:30 and found that there were already about 30 ppl waiting outside, cold and dark. The DMV didn't even open till 8 and by that time, the line had wound its way around the building and back. Since I was one of the early risers, I was outta there by 8:30, but for those late-comers, voting was an all-day event. I drove back by there when I was headed back to DC and saw cars parked everywhere and a nigga selling Obama memoribilia on the corner. If I didn't know better, I woulda thought it was some kinda block party.

All that to say, today's the day, and if ur reading this, I damn sure hope you voted.

Black President.

No comments: