Saturday, October 28, 2006

Music: my first love


I guess Hov read my rant about my disappointment in him for "Show Me What You Got" and those lines from "Kingdom Come". But (almost) all is forgiven Jigga. "Lost Ones" leaked last week and it's real real talk from the greatest alive. It's full of jewels. A standout:
"...And iunt even know how it came to this/except that fame is/ the worst drug known to man/It's stronger than heroin,/ when you can look in the mirror like 'Here I am'/ And still not see what you've become/ I know I'm guilty of it too, but not like them/ You lost one."



Why has Futuresex/Lovesound been on constant repeat all week? I downloaded it a while back, listened to it once, and ignored everything except "Losing My Way," undoubtedly due to my affinity for all things melancholy and depressing. But for the past 1-2 weeks, i been cranking tha whole joint nonstop. It still makes me mad that a white boy can make better black music than 99% of black artists.





Now, I think most ppl can agree that Jim Jones is a joke. And I'm willing to bet that he is being funded by the US government to infiltrate young black american minds and dumb us down. (Let's face it, Bush is in office, and he does not care about black people. Jimmy Capo = CB4.)

Still I have the most randomly unexpected remix: "Walk it Out" featuring Jim Jones AND Andre 3000. Talk about running both sides of the continuum of rap genius to incompetence. And in true rap fashion, 3000 kills it: "Your white tee, well to me, look like a night gown/ Make ya momma proud, take that thing 2 sizes down." (Far from the best line, but a witty zinger.)

Unk (whoever the crap he is) gives a forgettable effort on the mic. And finally Jimmy! (yesssssss!) Besides the fact that he seems like he's struggling to keep on beat, i realize that Jimmy sounds like a fat man when he raps. but not just any fat man, he sounds like a fat man who had to run up 10 flights of steps right before he got in the booth. And the actually lyrics? They sound like he wrote them while he was running up those 10 flights:

"I'm blowing purple smoke, i cough it out/ Ball it up and ball it out/tap the bottle, pour it out/ BAAAALLLIIIIIIIIINNN'!!!"

I love it!! Jim Jones is one of the greatest worst rappers of all time. The man who, in his own words, brought New York back. Where's this man's Source Award!!!

No comments: