Thursday, May 24, 2007

Has it really been a month?

So yeah, I haven't posted anything on here in a long time. In fact, it's my first post for the month of May. And those youtube posts really don't count for much, seeing as I didn't really say anything. Either way, I hope the month long reprieve afforded all you procrastinators a chance to get caught up on schoolwork and the like. I know I didn't get any work for UPenn done, but I'm hoping you people are smart enough to not look at me as a model of exemplary scholarship.

So it's May. The end of May at that. What's happened? Well, near the beginning of the month I had an itch to spend money (it's prolly more accurately characterized as "psoriasis" and not an "itch"). I had been seriously contemplating upgrading my computer and getting a laptop, but we all know I can't afford to drop a stack like that. So as I walked around the UPenn Tech shop, I came across some backup hard drives. So I copped 250 gigabytes of fresh hard drive and rushed home.

The result: Roberto Miguel de Dell is no longer on life support like he's been for the past 4 years. I emptied my hard drive of all my music and loaded it all onto my new hard drive. Plus, I finally upgraded and downloaded iTunes. So for those VIPs who still have access to My Music folder, you've prolly noticed that it's scant. Now you know why. And no, I'm prolly not sharing my new hard drive for you vultures. :-) But I will let the new joints marinate in My Music folder before I delete them for good from Roberto Miguel.

Now that I have 250gb to fill, I've taken the time I useta spend blogging and finding all the random music I always wanted to have but couldn't. Complete Stevie Wonder discography? Pretty much got it. Random rock albums? Got them joints too. Old school hip hop albums? Slowly but surely building the library. So yeah, me and my first love have been romancing heavy.

So then there's Tilden. Hmm... can I tell you that I love my job? Like really. I'm not being sarcastic here folks. My school is still a hellhole in the heart of Southwest Philly. The kids are still not the brightest crayons in the box. The administration is as disjointed and catty as ever. But I love it all. My kids make me laugh every single day. No matter what happens between me and a student (or me and a group of students), I always win. (This is very important. Teachers must always win in order to maintain authority and loyalty. Watch animal planet and you'll understand.) I don't have to actually carry around my "consequence chart" like I used to. My kids listen and they work. It's kinda great.

My sneaker collection has exploded. It now takes up 2 closets. It's quite disgusting. And with the summer coming, things can only get worse. Plus, New Balance is now going all out on fresh colorways, so I guess my other love affair is gonna continue as well.

Was this as boring as I think it was? Prolly so. Kinda hard to pack an entire month into one post. Oh well, it's not like you need to know everything anyway. Touch your nose... you're being nosy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Purchasing the new hard drive was all worth it since you now have the complete Stevie (until the next album???).

I too had the itch, but it was mostly for shoes - bought 7 pairs in one week. WOW. I know, that was out of control.

Anonymous said...

oh, one more thing.
it's good to hear that you love your job. i'm sure your kids love you too.