Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blame The Blow


Thank Ms. 808sandcupcakes for motivating me to dig this one up off my hard drive. Many moons ago, I dropped a single by Coco Sumner, progeny of seminal British rocker Sting. It wasn't as slept on as I thought, since I find myself running into people here and there who think the track is just as dopamine as I thought it was when I first heard it. Still, not enough people are familiar enough with her nor her music. So late last year, ya boy made a mixtape of singles and demos by the raspy contralto as an introduction before her major-label debut this year, but I never posted it. (Sad to say, it's not the only project I neglected to post, but I digress...)

This mix has 13 tracks that capture the startling breadth of the 19-year-old singer/songwriter. I wish I could write like her when I was that age. (Shit, I wish I could write like her now, at 25.) It's pop, but in the best sense of the word (because it's smart too). And regardless of your aural predilections and aversions, you're gonna fuck with this one. Disfruta.


DOWNLOAD

and btw, her first single is out too.

No comments: