Monday, July 30, 2007

Nothing subpar about the subcontinent


M.I.A.'s latest album, Kala. Click on the album cover to download.

I'm only 3 tracks deep as I post this, but so far so-friggin-good. And yeah, MTV came out with their "10 Hottest MC's in the Game"[/pause] list. M.I.A. is hotter than all of them... except 3000 and Weezy (no homo). Yes, I'm gonna say she's hotter than even Common.

pause.

Speaking of which, BE > Finding Forever. I kinda knew it wasn't gonna be as good as soon as I saw the album cover. If you've seen it, you might get my drift. That doesn't mean it's not an alright album, the production is definitely great, and the lyrics are good, but they're far from Mr. Sense's best. I feel like they already released the best songs. Obviously, Comm needs to take a page outta Kanye's book as far as marketing goes.

But yeah, back to M.I.A. Top 3 Hottest in the Game right now. She and her sound are definitely love or hate, but if u hate it then it's prolly cuz ur lame. No, really, I'm being serious. I could expound upon why only lame ppl would hate her but then u'd be reading this for another 2 hours as I talked about music, politics, race, ideologies, history, and ringtones (yeah nigga. ringtones). But I'll keep all that to myself. Just don't be surprised if you tell me you think she sucks and I stop talking to you. I would say it's not personal, but it is. I try to make sure all my friends IQ's are above 12 respectively. (So yes, you can like DipSet and still be my friend). But telling me that you hate M.I.A. would inform me that you are far beneath that baseline.

Surf the internets and find the video for one of the best (and craziest) songs, "Boyz." BTW, it's a great song to do the Sponge Bob Dance to.

Call me... (somewhat) big on the underground.

No comments: