Thursday, June 05, 2008

I heard you were looking for me...


Yeah, you have it already. At least you should. Well, this is the OFFICIAL group-rip. So it's better quality and the tracks are all correct. Real recognize real.

The new N.E.R.D. album leaked too, but it won't be put up till the group rip drops. Get it from somewhere else till then. ;-)

Since not much changed between the leaked version and this one, I gotta say, Weezy is the Salvador Dali of hip-hop. You cannot deny his greatness--actually, you could, which is why he's the Dali of rap. I'll let you wiki and youtube Dali, but the dude was an artistic visionary whose surreal work barely trumped his eccentric personality. An interview with Dali, you could expect to hear him say things that made little to no sense... like, say, Young Carter?

I mean really, "A Milli" is unbridled lunatic genius.
"I'm a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed through the pencil and leak on the sheet of the tablet in my mind, cuz I don't write ish cuz I don't got time."
Really Weezy? If you thought that was a dumb line, you sleep.

"Dr. Carter" might be one of Wayne's greatest songs ever. "Shoot Me Down" is prolly my second favorite Weezy song after "Shooter". Perhaps one of his greatest lines was
"Watch me stand on the world as I sit in the throne, and if I jump, I'ma fly and look into the eagle's eye and say 'I am looking like you, why?'"
That line goes hard. Oh yeah, then there's that song when Old Carter lyrically christens Young Carter which was kind of a big deal as far as hip-hop goes. (Sidenote: why does Hov's verse go so hard? Weezy didn't even touch Hov on that track.)

I don't wanna call this album classic. But Weezy has become an entity. Lyrically, he's become much more like Ghostface than Jigga. Years from now, when we begin to categorize rappers like we do other artists, Weezy's surreality and stream-of-consciousness flow will make scholars think more Pretty Toney than H to the Izzo. I wonder if Weezy or Ghost realize this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its gone already. damn.